Muscle Testing Introduction
How to Use Muscle Testing
Applied Kinesiology is the study of muscles and the relationship of muscle strength to health. It helps you identify subconscious belief systems, negative feelings and dis-eases in the body to bring your mind and body back to strong health. The way it works is very simple.
Here is a video you can watch to help you identify belief systems:
(If you are unable to watch it, scroll down for the written guide)
In this video, you will learn how to use your body as a pendulum to muscle test. Before you get started, you need to make sure you have the following:
- Hydration – your muscles need to be hydrated to ensure you receive an accurate result. If you have not had enough water today, drink a glass.
- Energy Zipped Up – your energy is a minimum of 6 feet tall and 3 feet wide. When your energy is open, you are susceptible to taking on other peoples stress and negative feelings. To ensure your energy is zipped up, imagine you have a zipper starting from the base of your pelvis, up your body to the top of your head, coming out the right-hand side above your right shoulder. Place your hand out in front of you and move it in front of the base of your pelvis. Act as though you are holding a zipper and zip your energy all the way up to the top fo your head and above your right shoulder.
Now, let’s get started!
1. Stand up in a straight line, relaxed.
2. Close your eyes – when muscle testing yourself, the most important part is to relax, not over think, and close your eyes. When you close your eyes, you are accessing the subconscious mind (where all of the beliefs are stored).
3. Out loud, say ‘yes’ and allow your body to respond with movement. Then say ‘no’ and feel which way your body moves. The response you are looking for is a clear forward motion on your ‘yes’ and a clear backward motion on your ‘no’.
(If your body is swaying or your responses are the other way around, this means your polarities are out and you will need to do some grounding work to bring yourself back into balance).
4. Once you have your ‘yes’ and your ‘no’. Then close your eyes and say out loud “my name is Bob” then feel which way you move. Then say, “my name is ……. (and your name)“. You should move backward on ‘my name is Bob’ and forward on ‘my name is …….’
Now that you have nailed your pendulum muscle tester, let’s get started with identifying some beliefs.
Repeat these beliefs out loud and note down the responses you receive.
1. I feel healthy in every cell of my body
2. I get caught up in stress
3. I take on how other people feel
If you swayed from left to right for any of those beliefs, it means duality (you believe it to be true on one level and untrue on another level).
If you received a ‘no’ for the first belief, then you would see this playing out in your life. Not feeling confident with your food decisions, unsure of what treatment to take or where to go with your health.
If you received a ‘yes’ for the second belief, you would find yourself getting caught up in stressful situations at work or family or in your relationships.
If you received a ‘yes’ for the third belief, you would find that you absorb the energy around you. You may be feeling really good on your way to work but as soon as you walk into your office, your emotional state changes.
Now, you are able to muscle test beliefs to see if they are stored in your subconscious mind. If you have limiting beliefs and you would like to change them, contact us.